I’ve had a very productive day. I don’t have a lot to show for it yet but I’m getting there. I did a lot of house and yard work and am well on my way to having the Christmas decorations up.
I also scanned a bazillion of my mother’s pictures. I have a gazillion left but I’m not letting it stop me. My goal is to have them all scanned by January 1.
Here’s a good one of my beautiful mom:
And check this one out of me and my sister Rosa and grandmother. I think we were at Busch Gardens in Tampa. I can just make our the A for Anheuser Busch over on the right of the picture.
I’m on a mission this year and am retiring all the Santa Claus’ and other secular decorations that I have. The other year our pastor asked if an alien landed and came to our home, would they correctly understand what this season is all about. Ever since that sermon, I’ve wanted to get rid of all the fru fru and aim for a peaceful and joyful atmosphere in our home. I still have a lot of cherished items so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out.
Just for fun I thought I’d do this Four Survey.
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Waitress at Cracker Barrel
- School Bus Driver
- Purchasing associate for a medical / surgical distributor
- Shoe department manager
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Hunger Games
- Green Card (watched this yesterday and I LOVE it!)
- French Kiss
Four books I’d recommend:
- A Prayer for Owen Meany
- The Book Thief
- The Aviator’s Wife
- The Glass Castle
Four places I’ve lived
- Lake Wales, Florida
- Wise, Virginia
- Greensboro, NC
- Charlotte, NC
Four places I’ve visited:
- The Grand Canyon
- Mt. Rushmore
- Las Vegas
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- On vacation running a cool half marathon in a fun city
- In the British Virgin Islands on a yacht with Ron, my sis and her husband the captain
- On a cruise to Alaska with an excursion to see the Northern Lights
- Touring Italy
Four things I prefer not to eat:
- Liver pate
- Delicata squash
- mushy apples
Four of my favorite foods:
- Mexican! nachos, burritos, everything
Four TV shows I watch:
- Dancing With the Stars
- Modern Family
- The Pioneer Woman
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Meeting Daphne, our first granddaughter
- Running faster
- Maybe going to California on vacation
- Having a small garden this summer
Four things I’m always saying:
- Let’s go Lily!
- Did anyone feed the dogs?
- What’s everyone want for dinner?
- My legs are sore.
Four people I tag to answer these questions:
- Connie M.
- Robin Thomas
- Kim Turner
- and You!